Your car’s windshield offers you protection and visibility as you drive. And if ever it gets chipped or cracked due to pebbles, rocks, or other kinds of debris, you may need to have your windshield checked by an auto glass center immediately. Auto glass center specializes in repairing car windows and help in determining if you need window repair or replacement. Just make sure to opt for a reliable one that offers high-quality repair services so your car’s windshield is repaired properly.
Below are a number of factors to take into account in deciding if you need to have your windshield repaired or replaced.
When to Repair
The process of repairing your windshield normally involves applying liquid into the damaged area seal chips and cracks, which can obscure damage and bring back the original strength of the windshield. Below are a few facts on repairing windshield:
- Many auto glass repair shops can mend rock chips with damages that are smaller than a quarter and crack that are 3 inches in length. Some repair shops even have trained personnel and tools to mend cracks that are 12 inches in length.
- There are auto glass repair shops that would not repair huge chips or cracks that are located in the line of sight of the driver for repairing can lead to distortion on the glass, which can be unsafe for drivers and passengers.
- Damages on the windshield must be repaired immediately to make sure that the chip or crack will not spread or spider webbing from motion and to prevent moisture. There are even repair shops that offer mobile windshield repair services.
- Most car insurance companies cover repair on windshield cracks and chips since these repairs are not that expensive compared to replacing the whole windshield. Auto glass repair shops can inform you if the repairs on your windshield can be covered by your insurance.
When to Replace
During the process of replacing your windshield, the whole thing will be removed including its molding. This is because windshield replacement is only done in circumstances where the windshield has cracks that cannot be filled or the windshield is totally damaged beyond repair. Below are some facts in replacing car windshield:
- If the windshield in your car was hit by as enormous object or involved in a major crash, repair shops will advise having it replaced even if the cracks are not that big. For the reason that the glass and the frame could be deteriorating, this will make your windshield susceptible to cracks in the future.
- It is prohibited to drive a vehicle with a cracked windshield. You may be fined if you don’t repair or replace your windshield.
- Most replacement jobs are considered as a form of safety or preventive measure, and this is covered my many insurance companies, though deductibles may apply.
If you need a new windshield in Victoria BC, contact First Response Glass.